The Madison County Genealogical Society has made the difficult decision to hold no meetings for the rest of 2020. Due to Covid-19, the group has been cancelling on a month-by-month basis, since our last meeting in March. Now that more information is available about what may be ahead in the fall and early winter, it seems wise to cancel the remaining 2020 meetings and re-evaluate 2021 meetings at the end of the year.
But the MCGS wants to remind those interested in their family history that Madison County genealogy information is available at your fingertips.
- The Winterset and Earlham libraries are both open and have informative genealogy sections of family histories, cemetery information, and obituaries.
- Madison County’s official birth, marriage, and death records, 30,000+ obituaries, and much more is available at www.IAGenWeb.org/madison.
- Madison County gravestones can be viewed at www.iowagravestones.org – over 30,000 in our 60 cemeteries.
- The Society’s quarterly newsletter is still being written and sent to members. Expect yours the first week of November.
- On Facebook, visit Madison County IA Family History for your genealogy fix.
Please visit our CONTACT US tab if you have questions. Stay safe out there!